For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the "Act") the Data Controller of the information that you provide is So Sweet Online Ltd t/a SoSweet, Unit 3, Hockin Park, Bideford, Devon, EX39 3DX.
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
When you browse our website (whether you are registered with us and logged in or not) we may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for both system administration and for the use of advertising. Any of the information collected is limited to statistical data regarding browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
When you place an order, or register with us, we will need to know your name, email address, delivery and billing address, telephone number and any special notes. This information will enable us to process your order and contact you directly if there are any problems with your order.
When paying for an order via PayPal, you will be redirected to www.paypal.co.uk where you will be asked to log-in to your account and checkout. We do not have access to this information nor do we collect it and store it.
From time to time we may analyse your personal information and profile to enable us to review, develop and improve our products and services offered to enable us to provide you with relevant information through our marketing programme. If you do not wish to receive information regarding new products and services, company news, or changes to the website, please contact us and let us know.
Finally, we may also use your personal information in the prevention and detection of fraud.
You agree that you do not object to the Data Controller contacting you for any of the aforementioned purposes, whether by telephone, SMS, email or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
How do we protect your information?
Only employees of the Data Controller who handle the technical management of our website can access your information. Only the Data Controller will process your information for the completion of your order. In accordance with UK Data Protection legislation we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of any information you provide to prevent unauthorised access. We cannot however guarantee the security of any data you disclose online.
Who do we share your information with?
We do not sell, trade or rent any of your personal information to any third parties.
We employ third party companies to perform functions on our behalf, including, but not limited to, couriers such as DPD, and marketing companies to keep you informed of our latest products, offers and news. These companies may have access to your personal information however will only be permitted to use it in the performance of their functions and in strict accordance with UK Data Protection Legislation.
Your consent and rights
By using our website, you consent to the collection and use of your information by the Data Controller as described within this policy.
You have the right to see any personal information that we maintain about you, which will be provided upon receipt of a written request sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or So Sweet Online Ltd t/a SoSweet, Unit 3, Hockin Park, Bideford, Devon, EX39 3DX.
If you believe any of the information that we hold is incorrect, please contact us as soon as possible to make any corrections.
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies, please read “What Are Cookies”.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- Email newsletters related cookies: This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Orders processing related cookies: This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
- Forms related cookies: When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- Site preferences cookies: In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- As we sell products it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods:
FOA: SoSweet, Unit 3, Hockin Park, Bideford, Devon, EX39 3DX